Construction of a Demo machine inside the facilities of IWES in Bremerhaven, Germany.
EEW-PROTEC has installed a CNC-controlled production cell with 2 cooperating 6-axis gantries (5 x 2 x 25 m) with a payload of 400Kg each for end-effectors, which has been designed for the following tasks:
- blade molds with flat back profiles and integrated sensors (20 m section of a 40 m blade)
- precut center
- roving-impregnation and -placement technology
- automated placement of large precuts and preforms
- automated in-situ production of core materials
- direct-infusion equipment
- automated bonding application and
- surface finishing system
A heavy-duty platform with a load capacity of 4 tons was installed for material transport during the process. The platform can optionally be electrically connected to one of the two portals and then follows the X-axis movement of the portal fully automatically.
The purpose of the Center es to offer a technology-platform where all Windenergy related tecnologies can be tested on real conditions.
This includes not only the product itself but also the necessary manufacturing processes:
– Industrial hard – and software concepts
– Development and validation
– Test specimens and structures
Lightweight and Speed
Both gantries, thanks to EEW-PROTEC lightweight construction are able to operate at speeds of 2.5m/s.
Despite this speed, the precision is still what is expected for a CNC machine, below 0.1mm.